What are closed terrariums?
Closed terrariums are a great way to bring a piece of nature into your home or office, especially if you do not have green thumbs. Inspired by natural landscapes, mini-biospheres are functioning self-maintaining gardens in a jar. Let them take you to a beautiful place and relieve the stress of a busy life. Closed terrariums will grab attention, make great conversation subjects, but are also the ideal gift, sure to be remembered. Best of all, you do not have to worry about forgetting to water them.
How do closed terrariums work?
As a biologist who researched how nature works (see About us), I use my knowledge to create unique self-sustaining systems in which water and nutrients are continuously recycled. First, the plants used are carefully chosen so that they thrive in a high humidity environment, but at the same do not grow very fast. Second, the terrariums are closed so that there is minimal water loss, and the water is recycled inside the system. Third, the mini-biospheres also contain decomposers, who feed on dead plant matter and mould, turning them into nutrients for the plants (no need to fertilise). The plants produce oxygen for the decomposers, and the decomposers produce carbon dioxide for the plants. All the system needs from outside is energy input in the form of light (but not direct sunlight-see tips).
Nature does the work for you!
- Left closed, the mini-biosphere needs no water for at least 3 to 4 months.
- Due to the presence of decomopsers, it does not need fertilisers.
- We offer 3 months gurantee (no questions asked).
- You can enjoy your garden in a jar for years with occasional maintanance (see tips).
- If you have one of our closed terrariums and you decide to change it for a new one, you get a 25% discount on the new purchase.
- To get inspired for making your own closed terrarium, check out our Gallery
Get your own mini-biosphere
Each item is unique and made by hand
Free Shipping within Munich area